A unique opportunity for years 7-9.
5 pupils will be initially trained to lead the Pupil Language Ambassador team in their school and on completion of the pre-recorded online training challenges will receive a welcome pack and information of their mission to raise the profile of languages in their school.
Every school’s PLA team will be set up with their own personal Routes Cymru Microsoft Teams space and will receive the following support:
- Monthly activities and challenges to be completed at their own pace. The activities will be designed to inspire PLA teams on what they can achieve in their PLA clubs in school in raising the profile of languages. The completion of the end of challenge survey will provide each PLA team with points and will unlock the next language challenge. Bonus points will be given on completion of extra challenges and competitions with certificates and prizes up for grabs!
- Motivational talks by Routes Cymru Student Language Ambassadors and other people that use languages in their jobs.
- Invitation to the Routes Cymru Language Ambassador National Virtual Conference in the summer term.
- Register your team (December 2020). Sign up here:
- PLA Training (January 2021)
- Activities (February – March 2021)
- National PLA Conference (July 2021)